By: Jane Jewell
The Marianne, flagship of the Freedom Flotilla 3, was about 105 nautical miles from Gaza, sailing there to break the siege, when it was attacked by the Israeli Occupation Forces a few hours ago. The boat, with all its passengers, has been taken.
Please make phone calls to pressure our government to demand that Israel release them at once.
We are calling on your support for the passengers on board the Marianne who have just been kidnapped by Israel.
Take Immediate Action by Calling:
- US State Department, Public Communications Department 202-647-6575; Emergency 202-647-4000
- White House, Comments: 202-456-1111, Switchboard: 202-456-1414
- The Congressional switchboard is 202-224-3121 - ask for your Representative
In California Also Call:
- Barbara Boxer 202-224-3553 Bay Area Office 510-286-8537
- Dianne Feinstein 202-224-3841 Bay Area Office 415-393-0707
- Sam Farr 202-225-2861 Santa Cruz Office 831-429-1976 Salinas Office 831-424-2229
- SF Israeli Consulate 415-844-7500 fax 415-844-7555
In Marin Also Call:
- Jared Huffman San Rafael office: 415-258-9657 Washington DC: 202-225-5161.
Thank you for your immediate action. Col Ann Wright from the USA is a passenger on the Rachel, one of four boats participating in the flotilla. The Rachel, the Juliano, and the Vittorio have all turned back to their home ports. Only the Marianne was seized by Israel. They are carrying 47 people from 17 countries.